The new Cat D7 dozer has been fully redesigned to deliver up to 10 percent more dozing efficiency, move up to 11 percent more material per hour and help get the job done with a broad choice of easy-to-use technology options. A fully automatic 4-speed transmission offers optimal fuel and dozing efficiency, plus ease of operation. At 197 kW (265 hp) and an operating weight of 29,776 kg (65,644 lbs.), the new D7 dozer replaces the D7R.
Next Generation Value
The D7 moves up to 11 percent more material per hour than the D7R, with more weight and horsepower. Blade capacity is increased by 10 percent, and a dedicated steering pump provides more continuous push when turning under load for a higher level of productivity.
The D7 is driven by a new smooth-shifting fully automatic 4-speed transmission. Operators do not need to shift gears – just choose the desired ground speed and the transmission continuously adjusts for maximum efficiency and power to the ground without added operator input. This helps prevent overheating in hot climates, offers better speed control, and provides more power to the ground.
The completely redesigned cab raises the standard in comfort and productivity. Integrated Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) provides added visibility to the sides of the dozer. Operators will find more space, an air suspension seat with multiple adjustments, and an 8-inch (203 mm) gauge cluster operator interface with a clear view of machine/service functions and settings. An optional Premium cab offers fully adjustable armrests, plus an easy-to-use 10-inch (254-mm) touchscreen operator interface with High Definition rearview camera. Four LED lights are standard, with options for packages of 6 or 12 lights.
A heavier frame, D8-sized structures, and a new track roller frame with larger roller shafts add durability. Heavy Duty Extended Life undercarriage – HDXL with DuraLink – provides up to 20 percent more seal life in high-impact conditions. A redesigned fuel system provides greater reliability and more accurate fuel delivery.
A Ground Level Service Center provides easy access to the disconnect switch and can be outfitted with an optional hour meter and access/egress light switch. A railing, with an integrated shovel holder, is available to help make fueling easier.
Easy-to-Use Technology Choices
The D7 leads the industry with a variety of technology offerings that are easy to use and help maximize return on equipment investment. All of the technology features are designed to help new operators become more productive sooner and to help experienced operators get the job done faster and with less effort. Slope Indicate is standard on all machines, showing machine main fall and cross-slope right on the main display for easy reference.
ARO with Assist is a grade-control-ready option bundled with operator assist features that work in the background to help operators get more done in less time.
- Cat Grade with Slope Assist maintains the operators pre-determined blade position – either main fall or cross slope – without a GPS signal or extra hardware. Works in manual or automatic modes.
- Factory Attachment Ready Option (ARO) provides optimal mounting locations, brackets, and hardware and simplifies installation of any brand of grade control system.
- Blade Load Monitor gives real-time feedback on current vs. optimal blade load to help optimize blade capacity.1
- Stable Blade works seamlessly with operator blade inputs for smoother surfaces.
- Traction Control automatically reduces track slip to save time, fuel and track wear.1
- AutoCarry automates blade lift to help maintain consistent blade load and help reduce track slip.1
Customers can also add factory integrated Cat Grade with 3D. The GPS system automates blade movements in both fine grading and production dozing applications, reducing manual operator inputs by as much as 80 percent. Small antennas are integrated into the cab roof for better protection and GPS receivers are mounted inside so they can be secured by locking the cab doors. An intuitive 254-mm (10-in) Grade operator interface works like a smartphone, making it easy for operators to pick up quickly. Android OS platform allows the installation of custom apps for more versatility.
Connect to Greater Efficiency
Cat Link telematics technology helps take the complexity out of managing job sites – by gathering data generated by equipment, materials, and people – and serving it up in customizable formats.
- Product Link collects data automatically and accurately from equipment assets – any type and any brand – which can be viewed online through web and mobile applications.
- Access information anytime, anywhere with VisionLink. Cat dealers can help conﬁgure a customized subscription, available with cellular or satellite reporting or both.
- The Cat App helps manage machine assets – at any time – right from a smartphone.
- Remote Troubleshoot saves time and money by allowing the Cat dealer to perform diagnostic testing remotely. Remote Flash updates on-board software without a technician being present, at a convenient time, potentially reducing update time by as much as 50 percent.
- Application Profile and Operator ID helps save time by saving preferred machine settings.
- Machine Security – Passcode provides an optional additional level of security by requiring an operator to enter an ID before the machine will start.
Equipped for the Job
Optimize the D7 for the intended applications with a variety of blade and track shoe choices. The standard track configuration puts more track on the ground, similar to the D7R’s XR undercarriage, for better balance and improved performance.
The D7 can also be ordered with specialized guarding to take on the challenges of Waste/Landfill work and Forestry/Land Clearing. In addition to machine protection against impacts and airborne debris, these specialty dozers can be ordered with an impact-resistant cab, application-specific undercarriage and a specialty blade.