Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe (HCEE) continues the roll-out of the A-series with the HX300AL, a 30-tonne Stage V-compliant crawler excavator.
This new machine is the ideal workmate for infrastructure works and general construction. The HX300AL comes with a wide range of new technologies and services offering the operator a convenient, safe, efficient and productive workhorse.
Advanced technologies for the modern jobsite
The HX300AL brings in a new era. Coming with a new engine platform (Stage V), a new hydraulic flow regulation, improved operator controls with 2D/3D machine guidance, new safety features, and improved uptime and productivity, this 30-tonne crawler excavator is ready to make its mark in the construction equipment industry.
The HX300AL will incorporate some of Hyundai’s new technologies, which include:
- EPIC or Electric Pump Independent Control. By controlling the pump’s regulation independently, the machine offers improved fuel efficiency and controllability.
- Auto Safety Lock prevents unintended operation/start of the excavator, which improves safety for the operator and on the job site.
- Eco guidance indicates ‘inefficient operation’ status to prevent energy losses (fuel consumption, hydraulic power) by inadequate working habits which is displayed on the machine cluster.
- MG/MC or Machine Guidance / Machine Control. Indicates the work status and automatically controls the attachment to assist the driver. MG displays the position of the bucket tip and assists the operator by use of positioning guidance. MC will automatically take over the grading with the bucket tip or face and has an automatic stop control: up, down, forward and cabin protection.
All A-series excavators will incorporate several new service features that have been developed and tested with the aim of improving machine uptime.
- ECD (Engine Connected Diagnostics) will support the After Sales technicians and dealers with a diagnostics report (via e-mail, mobile app or HiMATE, HCE’s own telematic system) on the engine performance. This results in an improved engine fault code monitoring and will ensure that the After Sales technicians arrive on site with the necessary tools to resolve the defect in one visit.
- MCD (Machine Connected Diagnostics) enables the user to gather and analyse various data on the machine’s performance which has been indicated in HiMATE. This results in improved uptime.
- FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) allows for remote software updates for MCU (Machine Control Unit) and RMCU (Remote Machine Control Unit), whenever there is a software update available in HiMATE. When starting the machine, the operator gets a notification stating he needs to install the updates for MCU and RMCU. When the operator has finished the installation the dealer administrator receives a confirmation.
- HCE-DT is the Hyundai Construction Equipment offline equipment Diagnostics which provides troubleshooting information using HiMATE user authentication.
- Monthly report (generated by HiMATE) – The report generated by HiMATE allows improved fleet management by sending monthly e-mail reports including a summary of the operation and the fuel consumption analysis.
All-in-one exhaust after treatment with the Cummins engine: best-in-class solution
The HX300AL excavator benefits from Hyundai CE’s new engine platform, boasting a stage V- compliant Cummins engine with an innovative all-in-one exhaust after-treatment system, which combines a unique exhaust muffler – integrating the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), the DEF injector (SCR) and a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). It is worth noting that the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) has been removed, by further improving the other technologies. This results in a de-complexed, powerful and environment-friendly solution – with increased reliability and easy maintenance – and most of all a reduced fuel consumption and lower operating cost.
Commenting on the HX300AL
“One of the standout features of the new HX series is named EPIC, and rightly so”, comments Peter Sebold, Product Specialist at HCEE.
“The new Electric Pump Independent Control (or: EPIC) is an energy saving technology which reduces the pump flow rate during levelling and truck loading operation by controlling the pump’s displacement individually.
Think next level load sensing, fuel saving of up to 8% daily average and general all-round operator and owner satisfaction, that’s just another win for this highly anticipated machine”, explains Sebold.
The HX300AL is now available at the HCEE dealerships.