New Zealand has entered alert level 4 and the Government gave the line guide about the restriction in all the sectors.
The Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced at 11.59 pm on Wednesday 25 March, the Covid-19 Alert Level 4 in New Zealand for a period of 4 weeks. This means New Zealanders not working in essential services and must stay at home: stop all interactions with others outside of your household. The Government made a special website to stay united with the citizens in this emergency situation. The website is being updated regularly and is the best site to find answers about Covid-19.
Information for building and construction retailers and supply chain
On 24 March, Cabinet decided that Bunnings, Placemakers, Mitre 10 and other retailers essential to the supply chain for building and construction can stay open to trade customers for essential purposes only.
What are the essential service/business
The current definition of an essential business for the building and construction sector from the COVID-19 website is:
- Any entity involved in building and construction related to essential services and critical infrastructure, including those in the supply and support chain
- Any entity involved in any work required to address immediate health or life safety risks, or to prevent serious environmental harm, and relevant essential supply chain elements
- Any entity with statutory responsibilities or that is involved in building and resource consenting necessary for the above purposes.
To further clarify this definition, an essential business is:
- Any entity or occupation involved in the supply of electricity, gas, water, wastewater (sanitation)…
- Any entity or occupation involved in building and construction required immediately to maintain human health and safety at home or work
- Any entity or occupation involved in building and construction required immediately to avoid significant environmental harm
- Any entity that has regulatory responsibilities in relation to building consenting and compliance and resource consenting necessary for the above purposes.
Source: Building Performance