In light of the evolving condition of COVID-19 around the world, Vermeer has been closely monitoring the situation and its potential impact on Vermeer team members, customers, and dealers.
Throughout this event, Vermeer has kept one goal in mind: Keep team members healthy and well while maintaining productivity to meet the customers’ needs. Leaning on information from the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), Vermeer is taking a number of actions out of caution for their team members and the people they serve. These actions include:
- Forming a response team dedicated to following COVID-19, the trends around it and the best practices to navigate through it. They are guided by their goal to take care of those around them while staying focused on delivering Vermeer yellow iron and parts to those who need them.
- Limiting most travel for Vermeer team members, restricting visitors and focusing on keeping team members well. This includes limiting their physical participation in key industry events through at least mid-April.
- Re-enforcing or enhancing their standard operating procedures for the cleaning and care of their Vermeer facilities.
- Promoting individual self-awareness, including the practice of proper hygiene such as frequent hand washing, reducing physical greetings and being aware of social distance.
- Working closely with their supply chain and logistics partners to align on best practices as shipments move in and out of their facilities to limit exposure and avoid any potential disruption to their parts and equipment deliveries their customers depend on.
As they apply these steps, they are working closely with their dealers as they together help them people stay well and ensure their customers get the equipment, parts, and support they need to make a positive impact in their communities in a healthy and productive way.